Thursday, October 02, 2008

"Ink on Ink" October 16 6-9 p.m.

Bouncing Wall presents an “Ink on Ink” event during the October Art Walk. We are having two incredibly interesting artists at the store this evening. If there is one reception that you should come to, it's this one!
Our featured artist is, Seth Sexton, who is from Seattle and creates meditative ink drawings using his own breath as the tool. How amazing does that sound?! I personally can't wait to learn more.
Seth Sexton, "Breath" Series

Our featured indie clothing designer is Tara Smith of Revival Ink. She is bringing her eco-ink and textiles to her favorite store, yours truly!
I first discovered Revival Ink a few years ago at an Urban Craft Uprising event at Seattle Center. At the time I received a pin with the "Shhhh" print on it, I think it was one of the swag bag items that ended up keeping? Anyway, I pinned it onto my business card holder thingy and it is still there. I see it everyday. Since then, I've come to know Tara more through my work at BW and can I just say "Wow!" This girl is busy and workin' hard! She creates great prints that actually remind me of this time of year...the Autumn leaves falling, spider webbing where the eves meet the side of the house, the whispering wind passing by...it's all just very cool for lack of a better term..but it's true, Revival Ink prints are cool. How can they not be with a tag line that says "Let the Revival Begin." I love that!! I really hope you get a chance to meet this very wonderful designer this month during her trunk show. She Rocks!

No comments: