Saturday, May 09, 2009

Simply The Best Mom 2009


Okay everyone, Mother's Day is tomorrow! You still have a chance to submit a write up but I have to say, we have a super fab. one already!! We're going to wait until tomorrow, for the last minute entries, to announce the winner but for now read about Tara's Mothers...so genuinely sweet! Thanks everyone for your submissions...we can see why all of your mother's are "Simply the Best Moms!"

Submission: Tarah Prater Perini

Write up:
I have 2 mother's in my life and they both are great in their own ways.

First off my actual mother, Melanie, is by far my best friend. I call her weekly to just chat and share what's going on with me and vise versa. She is funny and lively and always has some interesting story for me. Her stroies are always so large and fun - she leads and exciting life! She has always been there for me, no matter where I live. She lives in FL and I see her atleast once a year but lately it's been more. When we get together we love to sightsee, shop, gossip, see movies, eat and just laugh. We don't have a stuffy relationship at all, just like to gal pals getting together to share what's new. I love her for that!

My step-mother, Linda, is also a mother to me. She and I have more of a mother daughter relationship. She loves to tell people stories of me wanting combat boots in highschool or how my hair color constantly changes. She laughs at my odd comments and strange ways. I'm the "left coast" daughter which makes me more colorful and I love that! She was there for me when I was a teen ager and helped mold me into a grownded human being. I moved around a lot and went through a lot but she accepted me for who I was and helped me growup. She threw me parties for my birthdays and even let me have friends over for breakfast that she cooked after our prom - waffles with straberries and whipped cream! Then she went to bed and let us hang out and be silly without ever telling us to keep it down. For not being her actual daughter I never felt that way!

I am lucky to have these 2 women in my life, they are both great woman and I love them both! :)

No comments: