Well..the snow has finally stopped and the roads are finally getting back to normal. Since Tony and I share only one car...and several moto & petal bikes, I took a leap and took the bus from West Seattle to Queen Anne so that he could have the car. I'm not sure when the last time I took the bus but it made me feel adventurous. Overall not too bad... only one transfer and one hour of travel time was all it took to get to work.
January has been less than stellar in sales. I knew that would happen after the holiday shopping spree that all spending stops for a bit. But...it's one thing to be "prepared" for it and a completely a different thing to be faced with it. Of course with the weather not cooperating, it's slow all around.
Things I've learned during the "winter" months.
- Weather is an amazing meter when it come to customer flow.
- Even in Seattle, I have to store rock salt and snow scoop and I have to take care of it myself. (Very funny when I'm out there scooping with a shovel when people are walking by.)
- Positive energy creates positive result. On the same note, when people are in the store, more people come into the store. May have to be my next venture...supply energetic shoppers for small businesses. :)
- Tax season seems really scary. Especially since I seemed to have lost my business wallet with all the receipts from last June till recently. Crap with a capital C.R.A.P.!
Well...there are many more things but for now, it's after 5am and I still haven't gone to bed yet so I'll say good night for now and will try to get on sooner next time.
Until then...enjoy some of the snow pics...yeah, that's Tony motorcycle in the middle with snow on it when he drove it hope with me escorting him home. Moms and Dads...don't freak out. We were o.k.




No comments:
Post a Comment