The new year bring many new possiblities and in 2007, myself and Bouncing Wall are looking forward to growing up. Yeah...you read it here first, 33 and finally trying to grow up. bouncing Wall is only 3 months old and much more mature than me. We'll go through the growing pains together.
So I guess it's time for the new year's resolution. Last year I made "do more of" list since people typically "cut out" things. We'll keep last year's list a secret...but for the curious, I did accomplish them, now I need to cut them out.
Bouncing Wall's Resolutions for 2007:
- Be better prepared for the "seasonality" of retail.
- Provide better follow up for our customer requests.
- Add 20 new artists & designers by end of the year.
- Do a great job curating art for La Spiga.
- Have an event in or out of the store each month to highlight artists or items.
- Have a great 1 year birthday celebration around September 15th.
- Be able to answer "will we stay in business" for at least another year by 1 year birthday.
Personal Resolutions for 2007:
- Try to balance work/personal lives better.
- Do a better job keeping in touch with friends and family far and near.
- Learn something new or enhance a current skill.
- Stress out less...remember that things are never that bleak.
- Create.
- Help Tony more around the house.
- Cut out all the excess on my "do more of" list from 2006.
To all others creating their resolution list...good luck! I know my true goal is to not to give up by mid-February!

2 comments:
Yay for comments! Kim, your store is one of the highlights of Queen Anne and I wish you all the best in the New Year. Thank you for creating a space for artists to showcase their wares. It makes me want to go handmade all the way in 2007!
I'm still on the lookout for a great venue in Central Cal. but I'm keeping up an Etsy.com site until then. Thanks again!
Rachel with Red Velvet Art
Thanks, Rachel! I'm going to miss having your items in here. I do hope you find a good venue for yourself and come and look us up when your back in town.
Post a Comment