We have a scary man in the neighborhood that's been targeting the stores in Queen Anne with fraud for almost 10 years. I haven't experienced it yet but I think I saw him a few weeks ago peering into the store. I guess the scam is that he come in the store "returning" things and demanding cash. He usually targets the store with only one person in the store and becomes belligerent about getting his money back.
The other week he hit the Hilltop Yarn and Needle Point store across the street and was thumbing through the employee's things and this week he's hit he Tea Cup. The business owners think that he has an accomplice who steals the items then he does the returns. SCARY!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that it doesn't occur in our store. The good news is that the police is involved and the merchants have united together to start a watch group and will do a round robin of calls if he tries to do anything again. Wish us luck.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment