Saturday, September 23, 2006

First Week Offically Over

I have offically survived the first week of being a shop keeper. It was a strange transition from getting the space put together, which was more like a project, then moving into running a store.

The neighborhood has been fantastic and the overall response has been great. It's also awesome that almost all of the artists and designers have sold something in the first week.

Take a look at the store....








1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey Kim,
Sorry to post this here, but there is no other contact method on your page.

Thanks for leaving a comment about "Hey Mr. DJ" at Seattle Daily Photo. Best of luck with your new adventure. I'm a quiltmaker, my husband is a designer, and we have tons of artist friends who make their living solely from their work, so I know what a wonderful thing your venue is for local artists. I'm sorry to say that I really did just happen to walk by the night of your party and when I posted the photo, I didn't remember the name of the shop. It was only when a reader named Josh asked, and then posted a question on his own blog about who the DJ was, that I Googled "Queen Anne new shop art" and Bouncing Wall came up. The items I could see from the window that night were fab, and I know I'll be in a lot (especially with gift buying time coming up quickly). Our church is just down the street, so we are on QA at lest twice a week (that night I had just dropped my teenager off for a youth group time). Nice of you to pop by SDP, and sorry that your business name only appears in the comments section. Hope it brings in a few folks!
Best,

-Kim

Seattle Daily Photo
www.seattle-daily-photo.blogspot.com

"As longing becomes love, as night turns to day
Everything changes, joy will find a way" ~Bruce Cockburn