Whoohooo!!!! The pre-launch was a huge success. I think we had about 150 people show up throughout the night at the invite only event. It was packed from 5pm until 9:30 when we had to finally usher people out. So many of the artists and designers came to support the launch and many brought their friends, family and clients with them.
We were scrambling like mad right up to the first person who walked in. We all turned and stared at him blankly and wasn't sure what to say. He decided to come back a bit later...Probably so that he was dealing with less insane people. Thank goodness he was a few minutes early and every minute counted before we officially launched. My craziness came out and I think I may have bitten off almost everyone one of my friends heads off and was crying at the smallest things. Poor Tina aka T.Spoon, who came with two skirts for me to choose from in hand and had to see me at my worst which was worse then the day before. I still can't believe she whipped up those skirts for me and I couldn't sport it for the opening.
We didn't have everything tagged yet, nor get all the inventory in to the master list but overall things went pretty well and everyone who came was very understanding.Jay and Rachel took charge of serving the food and wine.

Zak was AWESOME! He actually spun for the full 4 hours. We put him on the display window so we had a "live" performance display in action for the night. The music was just perfect. He fit so perfectly on that window that some people asked if that was permanant. I wish! I will have to ask him to do a holiday event where we do a similar setup.


I spy....May, Dawn, Jessica, and Tina. It looks like the other artists and designers somehow escaped Ariana, Kate and Tammy's photo action that night.Here are some more pre-launch party goers....




Tony was so awesome tending to the sales. Doesn't he look cute wearing Red Boots Design's sparkle red bird polo? I finally calmed down after a few glasses of wine to give a winning smile to the camera. What a great event. Let's see how the store does during a "normal" day.Big thanks goes out to all the artists & designers, family and friends who made this venture possible! You guys ROCK!!

No comments:
Post a Comment