Sunday, August 20, 2006

Permit Drama to Color Panic

O.k. the permit drama with the city came to a close on Friday. Basically, 3 weeks of delay, 3 visits, hours of waiting at the City P&D, 4 different people looking at my building request, $400 worth of plans later to find out that I don't freakin' need a permit! Oh, yeah...you read that right. NO PERMIT NEEDED! Can you say bitter sweet news? I was soooo happy to hear the news but extremely angry at the same time. So that's what brought my week to a close.

The new drama for the week is color. Having a bit of color issues this week. I did finally get my sign. Looks great right? Well, actually the blue is way bluer than it was suppose to be...it's hard to tell in the picture. Can I live with it? Of course, but was it what I wanted? No. The difficult conversation with my sign guys will occur tomorrow. Wish me luck.

The house color is suppose to be "Mochalatte" but when we put the first layer on, it looked like baby diaper poop. It looks o.k. after 2 coats but I still can't get that image off of my mind and can't seem to like the color.

I opened the red paint "Cherry Cobbler" and it looked fuscia. Bright pinkish fuscia. However, it did end up drying nice and dark but it took 4 coats. None of this sounds like a big deal but all of it happened within 1/2 hour of each other so, bit of a freak out occurred. No worries, though...things are more chaotic than usual. You'll see in the next post.

1 comment:

jessica said...

the sign looks great! i can't wait to see it all in person next month.